Who We Are
We believe that design influences human behavior, and everyone should work in an environment that inspires productivity, peak performance, and delivers wellbeing.
DESIGN+BUILD is a rapidly expanding organization that fosters and cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity to set itself apart from its competitors. As DESIGN+BUILD continues its growth trajectory, we seek to continuously improve our professionalism, project site cleanliness, and timeliness to stand out from the competition to enhance the client experience.
Our goal is to simplify the communication, accountability, and management of the tenant improvement process internally and for our clients.
The Intermediate Interior Designer is expected to own, develop, and direct all design-related activities on their respective project(s).
The Interior Designer must demonstrate competence in key performance areas, including test fits, schematic, design development, construction, construction administration, and furniture presentations & specifications.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience You Bring
The successful incumbent will have the following qualifications:
- 5-10 years in interior design
- 3+ years in Revit
- Proactive & self-driven
- Passionate about design
The following abilities will be necessary
- Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Cloud programs for drafting and presentations
- The ability to manage your time to set expectations accurately with team members for desired deadlines (estimating time for project tasks and prioritizing them with senior designers help)
- The ability to demonstrate spatial awareness (in other words, understand the relationship between what is drawn and what the end product will be)
- The ability to think & design outside the box while fitting within the provided allowances
- The ability to understand the constructability of concepts presented or willingness to develop a concept with the internal construction team
- With the senior designer’s assistance, tailor the design for impact in critical areas – the ability to use the entire FF&E allowance/budget flexibly for the highest impact on the client requirements and priorities
- The ability to work in a team where priorities are analyzed and switched on a weekly and sometimes daily basis to accommodate the projects/clients with the highest value to the company
What Success Looks like
- The candidate takes on the responsibility of understanding deadlines and deliverables
- The candidate effectively plans and updates the team on their progress towards
deadlines and deliverables
- Any material created is accurate (in line with expectations for the current design phase)
and aligns with senior designer and technical director’s expectations
- The candidate is passionate and cares about design and is constantly researching and
looking for new ideas