Construction Site Superintendent (Commercial T.I)
Reports To: Construction Manager
Position Purpose: To ensure projects stay on schedule and communication lines are clear between subcontractors, project manager, project contact, and design team. Ensure Clients are delighted, and the job sites look fantastic because they are clean and organized.
Key Challenges: DESIGN+BUILD is a rapidly expanding organization which fosters and cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity to set themselves apart from their competitors. As DESIGN+BUILD continues its growth trajectory into a higher level of clients and projects, we need to produce projects with a much higher level of professionalism, cleanliness, and timeliness to stand out from the competition and gain Client referrals.
Our goal is to simplify the communication, accountability, and management of the tenant improvement process both internally and for our clients.
The Role: The Construction Site Supervisor is expected to own, develop, and direct all construction site activities for their projects.
The site Supervisor must demonstrate competence in key performance areas, including reading, analyzing, and verifying construction documents, scopes, and specifications. Also, monitoring and coordinating multiple construction schedules. Consistent ability to prioritize and multi-task and lead sub-contractor safety meetings and job site walk-throughs.
- Projects completed on time
- Jobsites meticulously clean and safe
- Clients delighted
- Collaborate with subcontractors, etc. to determine project needs
- Set performance goals and deadlines
- Plan for and call in inspections from local authorities
- Jobsite drawing/document management
- Attend weekly 1:1 Management meeting with PM
- Attend weekly Project Check-in meeting with the project team
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies
- Assist PM to create a final construction schedule
- Enforce strict and consistent site safety
- Coordinate, lead, and document weekly Sub-Contractor site safety meetings (daily if required)
- Project set-up and mobilization: Signage, SS desk, parking, security, etc.
- Verify needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to resources (subcontractor and vendor) and timeline limitations
- Closely monitor project schedule
- Own job site cleanliness
- Progressively close out punch list before substantial completion
- Daily project report completed in PM program
- Schedule, notify, and relentlessly follow up with sub-contractors to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Sub-contractor quality control
- Job site open, close, lockup, and site security
- Protect and maintain the DESIGN+BUILD professional image on-site. Insist on the DESIGN+BUILD Code of Conduct
- Attend weekly progress meetings with Client and PM
- Occasionally perform minor work/repairs to assist subcontractors to ensure jobs stay on track and budget not exceeded
- Maintain existing sub-contractor relationships and source new ones